The Server Is Online
Since we began testing the module eight years ago, we have been visited by more than 2700 PLAYERS. Typically, the server hosts up to 20-odd PLAYERS during our 'busier' hours. If you see 'zero' PLAYERs on the server LOG IN, other PLAYERS will soon follow. Be the brave leader; jump in.
The campaign which encompasses the City of Dohral STORY ARC was
originally planned to span SIXTEEN MODULES. Owing to sleek scripting
and smart design, some of these planned modules were able to be
integrated into the CORE MODULE or folded into one of three others.
Thus bringing us the QUAD-MOD which includes the CORE MODULE aka 'City of Dohral',
the Brandolay Module, the Eastwilds module and the Northwoods module.
At present, more than 2500 total Areas are arranged as four modules -
fleshed-out to better than 80% completion. ONE MODULE (CORE) has all major
scripts and campaign systems fully integrated with full BETA-TEST
status certified by the designer. The Brandolay module is presently undergoing
an update to the current version of the beta scripts and is close to
debut as a beta release. The Northwoods module is about 40% built, and the
EASTWILDS module is just being started now (by GUEST BUILDERS).
Note that each MODULE spans AT LEAST 400 SURFACE (Area) MAPS of 16 x 16 size and an variable number of sub-terranean and indoor Areas of varying sizes. The CORE MODULE includes over 1337 maps in total. One MODULE is the exception to this rule; it being made almost exlusively of sub-terranean Areas.
This is AN EXPERIMENT and if the server proves under-powered to handle the module as planned, each was designed to be sliced-up even smaller than it is now - with the caveat that the smaller the pieces (MODULES in this case) the more servers it will take to operate.
The CORE MODULE
STATUS BETA-TESTING ON SERVER NOW
The CORE MODULE
- Contiguous Geography - these maps are tight.
- A Large City - Dohral herself spans 20 outdoor urban Areas each of (our standard) 16 x 16 TILES.
- Vast Wilderness - more than 400 Areas of wilderness to explore.
- Interwoven Story Arcs - our ISA standard quest system promises to pit PC against PC as well as against AI.
- Secret Societies - the system includes several secret societies, some with membership open to PCs!
- Guild Hooks - Guilds are able to control 'unreal estate' in our virtual cities and towns.
- Player Owned Housing - Individuals (and parties) can lease virtual rooms or whole virtual buildings.
- Larceny Central - There are no real rules about virtual robbery, there ARE however, repercussions.
- Dungeons Ancient - there are very old tales yet playing-out in the land, centuries old.
- Evil Hideout - Even the bad guys have places to go to knock back a few and rest safe (sure - with one eye open).
ALL THAT is packed into the initial CORE MODULE offering. Additional modules are near completion (developed contemporaneously with the CORE MODULE) as well and will be added (one server at a time) as the audience demands.
CORE MODULE - BETA TEST
- SERVER 184.108.40.206* -
OTHER MODULES - PENDING RELEASE -
* on the standard NWN port setting 5121.
PLEASE DONATE to this dream of a huge
multi-server-multi-player adventure system.
NOTE - NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR DM AND OTHER POSITIONS. PLEASE POST APPLICATION REQUESTS IN THE PRIVATE FORUM MARKED APPLICATIONS (see FORUM)