BOOK OF SMITHING (abridged)
After a PC's registration for class the PC receives a wonderful Book of Smithing to help in your travels. This book can be discarded if the PLAYER desires, this page is the text of the book here for convenience of reference.
To view your current skill level. 'RIGHT CLICK' on this book and use the Unique Power button.
How to gather ore: Easy....bash the stuffings out of the ore....LOL. There are several types of veins of ore, among them Adamantine (Rare), Mithril (Rare), and Iron (Abundant). NOTE Iron Ore may be converted to Steel.
There is a little to this also. Each ore has a damage requirement that continues to add with every stroke you hit it. Overcome this requirement and you will receive an ore chunk.
You will also need the right tool for the right job. There are two weapons...Mining Pick...and Light Mining Pick. Available at a general supply store.
How to Smelt Ore: Once you have gathered ore...place the ore in the Smelting Forge. There is a specific amount of ore required to make a bar of metal.
There is also a maximum capacity of ore that the forge can handle. Just plop ore in and it will tell you if you have to much...nice. If you have enough skill from your Armor or Weapon skill points plus your education skill points (credits) you will suceed at smelting the ore.
How to Craft Items (Including the DC and Cost): First thing you need is a Crafting Allowed Anvil. Just step up to it (there is a black spot) then right click on the whatever you are trying to craft. You will see the options available on each and every item activated. There is also a cost for each item crafted because of consumables you don't have to worry about. The Anvil is not only for metal objects BUT any item can be crafted here ... even the wooden ones. For tradition sake....bah who am I kidding....go ahead and craft all.
The Base Items you need (For the creation of planks and wooden items see the Book of Woodworking): Materials:
- Bar of Adamantine
- Bar of Mithril
- Bar of Steel
- Bar of Iron
- Leather Hide
- Bolt of Cloth
- Feathers (Used for Helmets)
- Helmet Pot/12/1 - The basic component for all metal helmets.
- Steel Chain Armor Tunic/14/5 - This is the for most types of chain armor.
- Steel Plated Armor Chest/17/25 - A plated armor torso is for all types of heavy armor.
- Steel Shield Body/15/15 - This is a shield body to craft a steel shield.
- Steel Weapon Hilt/10/3 - A steel weapon hilt used for the martial weapons such as swords.
- Large Steel Blade/13/10 - A blade, made of steel suited for the creation of most bladed weapons.
- Small Steel Blade/12/5 - A small blade, made of steel suited for small bladed weapons.
- Steel Axe Head/12/2 - Made of steel, this axehead is used to create axe weapons.
- Iron Bands/10/1 - These metal bands are used in the creation of armor and weapons.
- Iron Chain/12/2 - Several pieces of a metal chain for crafting various types of weapons and armor.
- Iron Hammer Head/13/10 - The metal headpiece component of a hammer.
- Iron Orb/12/2 - A headpiece component for weapons like a mace.
- Iron Rings/10/3 - Several pieces of iron rings combined with other components to create different types of armor.
- Iron Spikes/11/1 - Metal spikes for crafting certain types of armor.
- Leather Patches/11/1 - Use these patches of leather to create cloth and armor.
- Leather Strings/11/1 - These strings, cut from the leathery hide of some creature, used to craft different types of weapons (like Whips, Bows, and Crossbows).
- Woolen Cloth Pads/12/1 - These woolen cloth pads are used in the padding of various types of armor.
- Woolen Cloth/11/1 - This woolen cloth is used for Robes and Tunics.
- Bard's Tunic/11/1 - Woolen Cloth/Leather Patches
- Monk's Outfit/11/1 - Woolen Cloth/Leather Patches
- Pale Master's Robe/11/1 - Woolen Cloth/Woolen Cloth Pads
- Priest's Robe/12/5 - Woolen Cloth/Woolen Cloth Pads
- Rogue's Tunic/11/1 - Woolen Cloth/Leather Patches
- Sorcerer's Robe/11/1 - Woolen Cloth/Leather Patches
- Warrior's Tunic/11/1 - Woolen Cloth/Woolen Cloth Pads
- Wizard's Robe/12/1 - Woolen Cloth/Woolen Cloth Pads
- Woodsman Outfit/11/7 - Woolen Cloth/Woolen Cloth Pads
- Helmet, Adamantine/25/2,500 - Bar of Adamantine
- Helmet, Fighter/11/2 - Helmet Pot/Feathers
- Helmet, Paladin/12/2 - Helmet Pot/Feathers
- Hide/13/7 - Leather Armor Torso/Woolen Cloth Pads
- Leather/12/5 - Leather Armor Torso/Woolen Cloth Pads
- Padded Armor/11/2 - Woolen Cloth/Leather Patches
- Shirt, Mithral/30/12,000 - Bar of Mithral
- Studded Leather/13/7 - Leather Armor Torso/Iron Rings or Iron Spikes
- Breastplate/15/75 - Steel Plated Armor Chest/Woolen Cloth Pads or Leather Patches
- Chainmail/15/75 - Steel Chain Armor Tunic/Leather Patches
- Adamantine Chainmail/28/1,700 - Bar of Adamantine
- Mithral Chainmail/30/12,200 - Bar of Mithral
- Chain Shirt/14/50 - Steel Chain Armor Tunic/Woolen Cloth Pads
- Scale Mail/14/50 - Steel Plated Armor Chest/Woolen Cloth Pads or Leather Patches
- Banded Mail/16/100 - Leather Torso/Iron Bands
- Half-Plate/17/300 - Steel Plated Armor Chest/Woolen Cloth Pads or Leather Patches
- Adamantine Full Plate/30/2,800 - Bar of Adamantine
- Full Plate/18/750 - Steel Plated Armor Chest/Leather Patches or Woolen Cloth Pads
- Splint Mail/16/100 - Steel Chain Armor Tunic/Leather Patches or Woolen Cloth Pads
- Large Shield/13/25 - Oaken Shield Body/Iron Bands
- Large Shield, Ironwood/22/5,100 - Ironwood Planks
- Small Shield/11/4 - Oaken Shield Body/Iron Bands
- Small Shield, Ironwood/21/5,200 - Ironwood Planks
- Small Shield, Mithral/28/22,00 - Bar of Mithral
- Tower Shield/15/50 - Steel Shield Body/Iron Bands
- Tower Shield, Ironwood/21/5,000 - Ironwood Planks
- Dagger/12/1 - Oaken Weapon Grip/Small Steel Blade
- Kama/15/2 - Oaken Weapon Grip/Small Steel Blade
- Kukri/17/8 - Oaken Weapon Grip/Small Steel Blade
- Axe, Throwing (x10)/13/1 - Oaken Weapon Grip/Steel Axe Head
- Hammer, Light/12/1 - Steel Weapon Hilt/Iron Hammer Head
- Handaxe/13/6 - Oaken Weapon Grip/Steel Axe Head
- Mace/13/5 - Oaken Weapon Grip/Iron Orb
- Short Sword/13/10 - Oaken Pole/Small Steel Blade
- Spear/13/1 - Oaken Pole/Small Steel Blade
- Sling/12/1 - Leather Hide
- Battleaxe/15/20 - Steel Weapon Hilt/Steel Axe Head
- Dwarven Waraxe/17/30 - Steel Weapon Hilt/Steel Axe Head
- Flail, Light/13/8 - Oaken Weapon Grip/Iron Chain
- Katana/17/40 - Steel Weapon Hilt/Large Steel Blade
- Longsword/15/15 - Steel Weapon Hilt/Large Steel Blade
- Morningstar/15/8 - Oaken Weapon Grip/Iron Orb
- Rapier/17/20 - Oaken Weapon Grip/Small Steel Blade
- Scimitar/15/15 - Steel Weapon Hilt/Large Steel Blade
- Warhammer/13/12 - Oaken Weapon Grip/Iron Hammer Head
- Bastard Sword/17/35 - Steel Weapon Hilt/Large Steel Blade
- Dire Mace/19/40 - Oaken Pole/Iron Orb
- Double Axe/19/30 - Oaken Pole/Steel Axe Head
- Flail, Heavy/15/15 - Steel Weapon Hilt/Iron Chain
- Greataxe/17/40 - Steel Weapon Hilt/Steel Axe Head
- Greatsword/17/50 - Steel Weapon Hilt/Large Steel Blade
- Halberd/17/10 - Oaken Pole/Large Steel Blade
- Scythe/17/17 - Oaken Pole/Large Steel Blade
- Two-Bladed Sword/10/100 - Oaken Pole/Large Steel Blade