BOOK OF WOODWORKING (abridged)
After your registration for class you receive this wonderful Book of Woodworking to help in your travels. This book can be discarded if the PLAYER desires, this page is the text of the book here for convenience of reference.
To view a PC's current skill level. 'RIGHT CLICK' on the in inventory book and use the Unique Power button.
How to gather wood: Easy ... bash the stuffings out of the trees ... LOL. There are 3 types of trees which yield craftable wood, these are Ironwood(Rare), Oak, and Elm (both the latter are abundant).
There is a little to this also. Each tree has a damage requirement that continues to add with every stroke you hit it. Overcome this requirement and you will receive a wood chunk.
You will also need the right tool for the right job. There are two weapons ... Woodman's Axe ... and Light Wood Axe. Available at most general supply stores.
How to Mill Wood: Once you have gathered wood ... place the wood on the Woodworking Table. There is a specific amount of wood required to make planks.
There is also a maximum capacity of wood that the table can handle. Just plop the wood on and it will tell you if you have to much ... nice. If you have enough skill from your Armor or Weapon skill points plus your education skill points (credits) you will suceed at milling the wood.
How to Craft Items (Including the DC and Cost):
First thing you need is a Crafting Allowed Axe Stump. Just step up to it (there is a black spot) then right click on the whatever you are trying to craft.
You will see the options available on each and every item activated. There is also a cost for each item crafted because of consumables you don't have to worry about.
The Axe Stump is not only for wood objects BUT any item can be crafted here ... even the metal ones. For tradition sake ... bah who am I kidding ... go ahead and craft all.
The Base Items you need (For the creation of metal items see the Book of Smithing):
Plank of Oak
Plank of Elm
From wood alone
- Elmwood Bow Shaft/14/5 - A nice flexible wood for a bow.
- Feathers(None) - A bunch of feathers used to create arrows and crossbow bolts.
- Oaken Crossbow Shelf/14/10 - This is the basic component crafter's can use to build various types of crossbows.
- Oaken Pole/12/2 - This pole made from sturdy oakwood can be used as component for many types of weapons with the craft weapon skill.
- Oaken Shield Body/12/3 - The base component for most types of shield, except for tower shields.
- Oaken Weapon Grip/12/2 - Made from sturdy oakwood this crafting component can be used to assemble many different types of martial weapons.
- Projectile Shaft/11/1 - This is the base components that, when combined with feathers, can be used to craft projectiles such as arrows and bolts.
- Large Shield/13/25 - Oaken Shield Body/Iron Bands
- Large Shield, Ironwood/22/5,100 - Ironwood Planks
- Small Shield/11/4 - Oaken Shield Body/Iron Bands
- Small Shield, Ironwood/21/5,200 - Ironwood Planks
- Tower Shield, Ironwood/21/5,000 - Ironwood Planks
- Club/10/1 - Oaken Pole/Iron Bands
- Club/11/1 - Plank of Elm Wood
- Club/10/2 - Plank of Oakwood
- Club, Ironwood/15/650 - Ironwood Planks
Bows and Crossbows:
- Crossbow, Light/15/35 - Crossbow Shelf/Leather Strings
- Crossbow, Heavy/17/50 - Crossbow Shelf/Leather Strings
- Longbow/15/75 - Elmwood Bow Shaft/Leather Strings
- Quarterstaff/10/1 - Oaken Pole/Iron Bands
- Quarterstaff, Ironwood/15/650 - Ironwood Planks
- Shortbow/13/10 - Elmwood Bow Shaft/Leather Strings
- Whip/17/20 - Oaken Weapon Grip/Leather Strings
- Arrows (x20)/13/1 - Projectile Shaft/Feathers
- Bolts (x20)/13/1 - Projectile Shaft/Feathers