GM_ODA, the Designer, would like to thank all those whose works influenced this module's construction. In addition to a goodly number of original scripts created specifically for this project, a number of other works were either incorporated (whole or modified) or lent notions or concepts to the Designer's custom scripts. THANK YOU AND KUDOS to all those whose works either appear as part of this work or whose examples aided GM_ODA's own thought processes.
WHAT LIES BENEATH
Wading in, with decades of experience as a TABLETOP RPG and COMPUTER RPG enthusiast. Having experience in all phases of computer game and multi-media production dating back to the 1980's - I entered the NWN universe with a fair idea of what it took to build a good game. I started my exploration in 2003 - beginning with a tour of the boxed content, then on to a semi-random selection of user-created modules and campaigns. From there, I next ventured to the NWN TOOLKIT. - WOW - Now this was a kick in the pants! A well constructed, well designed tool sufficient to construct rather sophisticated games. I was hooked from there.
I outlined the things needful to start mapping the work and threw myself into several months of dedicated map building, all the while slowly educating myself on the scripting aspects of the task. By the end of the first year, most of the campaign was mapped and the serious work of inserting the scripts which would give the campaign its own character began to occupy the Designer's time more and more. The original notion was to just code everything from scratch, but as I educated myself more on the SCRIPTING, I continually bumped into novel scripts by other builders which had varying degree of merit in the quality and even applicability to the task at hand, but some were extraordinarilly well constructed and some even begged insertion to the campaign as a fine fit (with some tweaking). WHY RE-INVENT THE WHEEL? By not opting to create these scripts on my own, I was able to dedicate more time to creating those scripts for the campaign which could not be found elsewhere. Again, to you kind folk who have published tutorials, modules and the like, if I used your script, or I gained some insight from your script - MANY THANKS TO YOU! You enabled me to make great progress on this project and your work is appreciated. I have tried to credit all these persons on this and other pages here at playnwn.com - if your work is in some way included on our server or influenced it and we missed crediting you in error PLEASE EMAIL US or post us on the Al Dohral forum and we will include your credit on the credits page. This is a HUGE work, we _think_ we have included all properly for credit where credit is due but being human, we may have missed something.
SOME SCAVENGED UNDERPINNINGS
I will try to list here ALL the scripted works which went into the AL DOHRAL campaign, being human, I hope all will forgive me if I somehow miss something - this is a HUGE project and I may have erred in the listed credits below. If you know of some piece used in this work which is NOT cited below, let GM_ODA know about it and a review of your alert memo may elicit changes to this page.
ACKNOWLEDGED PACKAGES and SCRIPTS in NO PARTICULAR ORDER
The following MAJOR scripts and packages are incorporated into the AL DOHRAL campaign.
Bulletin Board 1.0 by Thirsty Bear allows players to leave messages for all to see. These messages remain as long as the player who left the message remains connected - a great way to tell other PCs you are online (and maybe looking to party?).
You may deposit coin based wealth with the Banker and deposit your items in the safe. These can be retrieved where ever there is a Banker and/or Safe setup. Currently this is being switched over to the NPCACT system, but for the persistent container portion which may be retained from the old system.
The DYE KIT allows players to customize the look (color only) of their armor and clothing. Now, not ALL +2 armor has to look the same!
by bloodsong (http://bloodsong.warped.com/nwn/) - with a goal of more than doubling the riddle database in size with the next iteration (the database and software are installed and running now, when I upgrade the system next I'll add the new collection of riddles).
Vuldrick's Flexible Pantheon System
This system has been robustly modified to provide a wider range of features including a system which tracks a PC's favor with each deity, and which modifies the type of reactions and assistance one can hope to receive at a temple or from any (NPC) representative of a deity.
Incorporating "BLACK TOWER: Secret Bookcase", a home-brew trigger-based secret-placable system, Vuldrick's Searchable Library, and a few other juicy code bits from hither and yon (honestly, if I told you about this stuff it would not be much of a secret anymore would it?).
Zaddix's original with modification by caesarbear and finally worked-over by our house code-monger.
Axe Murderer's "Killer Map Books"
System inspired by Axe Murderer's "Killer Map Books" - jazzed it up by causing the use of the item to reveal to the player what the level of Area Knowledge the PC has of the current area and what the PC recollects of past experiences in the subject Area.
Custom Campaign Drugs
Based on "Drugs of Faerun" by Jeremiah Teague whose work also cites Michael Janicki for the Addiction Rules. This unique implementation features 16 custom drugs with unique effects, addiction possibilities and side-effects.
Dom Queron's Graveyard Ambience Package
This one is just soooooo sweet. Demo Module for Dom Queron's
Graveyard Ambience Package
Random People v1.0
Really nice stuff that.
Much much more...
Here are some of the other systems we used, modified or were inspired by:
- NESS - vitally important system for handling spawn functions without killing server memory!
- NBDE Database Extensions - makes it all run more smoothly.
- NPCActivities 6.0 - These simply kick sim-butt.
- PLAYER GUILD SYSTEM - By: Adam Walenga
- OLANDER'S REALISTICS - myriad basic functions are covered by these WONDERFUL scripts.
- PERSISTENT WORLD SYSTEM - by EPOlson ... more memory/CPU saving scripts.
- RENEWABLE RESOURCES - like HERBS, harvested ANIMAL parts, MUSHROOMS, MINERALS and more.
- Enhanced systems based on GRIFTING by MGUT
- Stageplay Interpreter - by Andrew Wang (Red Golem)
- Systems inspired by "Climbing, Jumping and Swinging" By Richard "Nathaniel" Holtom
- Book Of Skills by DarkDragon
- Deity Favor System - DirgeSinger
- Eliza was an AI program (written in 1966!) by Joseph Weizenbaum
- Systems inspired by "Wilderness Lore" by LoneAvenger
- An enhanced Module Builder's Henchman Kit v2.3a, Author : 69MEH69
- An enhanced/reworked GIANT ANT COLONY inspired by orshad2048's "DESERT ANT ENCOUNTER"
- Systems inspired by Moragon's "LRES - Lightweight Roleplaying Experience System"
- Systems inspired by Mentalepsy's "Switch-Based Secret Doors Suite"
- Bookcase Puzzle by ma'drynn
- Systems inspired by the Faerun Nights Window Access System
- Systems inspired by the JFK Dig and Bury System
- Vuldrick Garrison's Quest Systems
- Systems inspired by Ellafaelle / Philippe Krait's "Bathing System"
- Systems inspired by David Bobeck (Festyx)'s "Oxen Trade Routes (OTR) V1.0"
- Systems inspired by Axe Murderer's "Killer Map Books v1.0"
- Systems inspired by xxx's "xxx"
- Systems inspired by xxx's "xxx"
- Systems inspired by xxx's "xxx"